Summer Youth Camp (Ages 8-14)
Early-bird discounts have concluded on 1 May 2017.
[August 14 - August 19]: Foil Intensive Training For C, D, E and Unrated Fencers
Note: Intensive Training now ends on August 19 instead of previously stated August 18.
- Ralf Bissdorf, lead coach for the foil program.
- Session will also be supervised by Michael Marx.
- 10am to 12pm; break for lunch, resume from 1.30pm to 4pm.
- Limited to a class size of 30 fencers.
- $140 for a single day fee.
- $750 for full duration.
- Place a $100.00 non-refundable registration fee to hold your spot!
- Click here to register
[August 21 - August 25]: Youth Day Camp Ages 8-14 (III)
Fencing is a game of strategy and focus. It is a sport that builds agility, balance, coordination and imparts values like respect, resilience and sportsmanship. Our Summer Youth Camps are suitable for the Beginner and Intermediate level fencers. The goal is to learn the fundamentals of fencing footwork, handwork and game strategy, and most of all have fun while doing it!
- Morning sessions are held from 9:00am to 12:00pm. There will be an hour break for lunch, followed by the afternoon session from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Choose to attend either the full day, or half day morning/afternoon session.
- Warm up with age-appropriate physical games.
- Fencing theory: understanding equipment, footwork, defence, attack, game development etc.
- Practise with a partner, or actual bouting. Equipment will be provided.
- Recap and conclude the day.
- Sport shoes, long pants and t-shirt.
- Water bottle and towel.
- Full day early-bird: $550
- Half day early-bird: $325
[August 21 - August 27]: Fencing & Fine Wine - Bordeaux, France
- Suitable for Veteran fencers
- Cost: To be announced