Considering the group size that we've managed to draw in this year's Intensive Training sessions, we've decided that for Season 2016/2017 we would split the sessions into two, with the first consisting of A, B and C-rated fencers, and the second of C, D, E and Unrated fencers. We believe that such grouping of fencers with similar skill levels would bring about more efficient coaching and better bouting experiences. On top of this, we've considered our strip numbers and decided that a class of 30 fencers would be the most conducive for the sessions. Please therefore register your interest by filing out the form and placing a $100.00 deposit for each session to reserve your spot!
There will be no open bouting sessions in the evening of all Intensive Training Sessions.
Summer Youth Camp (Ages 8-14)
Early-bird discounts have concluded on 1 May 2017.
Please visit the website of Fencing & Fine Wine for more information on upcoming camp in Bordeaux.
[August 14 - August 19]: Foil Intensive Training For C, D, E and Unrated Fencers
Note: Intensive Training now ends on August 19 instead of previously stated August 18.
- Ralf Bissdorf, lead coach for the foil program.
- Session will also be supervised by Michael Marx.
- 10am to 12pm; break for lunch, resume from 1.30pm to 4pm.
- Limited to a class size of 30 fencers.
- $140 for a single day fee.
- $750 for full duration.
- Place a $100.00 non-refundable registration fee to hold your spot!
- Click here to register
[August 21 - August 25]: Youth Day Camp Ages 8-14 (III)
Fencing is a game of strategy and focus. It is a sport that builds agility, balance, coordination and imparts values like respect, resilience and sportsmanship. Our Summer Youth Camps are suitable for the Beginner and Intermediate level fencers. The goal is to learn the fundamentals of fencing footwork, handwork and game strategy, and most of all have fun while doing it!
- Morning sessions are held from 9:00am to 12:00pm. There will be an hour break for lunch, followed by the afternoon session from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Choose to attend either the full day, or half day morning/afternoon session.
- Warm up with age-appropriate physical games.
- Fencing theory: understanding equipment, footwork, defence, attack, game development etc.
- Practise with a partner, or actual bouting. Equipment will be provided.
- Recap and conclude the day.
- Sport shoes, long pants and t-shirt.
- Water bottle and towel.
- Full day early-bird: $550
- Half day early-bird: $325
[August 21 - August 27]: Fencing & Fine Wine - Bordeaux, France
- Suitable for Veteran fencers
- Cost: To be announced